"Unofficial Blog"

Hello all! Welcome to my unofficial blog! Now you're probably asking yourself, what is an "unofficial blog"? I have decided that I don't want my full blog open to everyone on the internet, but I still want friends and family to be able to see what we're up to. So I will have some photos here, and I will leave a short message here whenever I post on our "official" blog. (That way those who use Google Reader to keep up on blog posts can load this address into Google and it will alert you when I update.) And for long lost friends and family, if you would like to see our full blog, send me an email at amelia5275@hotmail.com and I will send you an invite. I realize it's a little weird, but that's the life of a paranoid mother! :) With that said... welcome to our unofficial blog!

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter Weekend


HAPPY 1ST EASTER TYSHA PAIGE!!

We had a great Easter weekend!! Hanging out with family, enjoying watch Tysha play with her new toy, and going to see "Wicked"!! It was awesome!!

I think I liked this performance of Wicked even better than when I saw it in Denver a couple years ago. And just to set the record straight, I don't like Wicked just because it's popular and "the thing to see" right now. I actually don't really care for a lot of the common shows people see like Phantom, Cats (obviously), Secret Garden, etc. Even Lion King, although the costumes and scenery were amazing, isn't a show I would choose to see again.

I love Wicked because The Wizard of Oz holds a special place in my heart, as it was my favorite move as a girl. My parents even bought me red ruby slippers and I would stand in front of the tv pretending I was Dorothy, clicking my heels and reciting, "There's no place like home" over and over again. For our high school Halloween dance my date, friends, and I even dressed up as the Wizard of Oz characters. (Yes, we were cool.) So I love Wicked because it talks about the other side of the story, alternate perspectives, and it "connects al the dots". It's clever, funny, touching, has great characters, and has fantastic music! It was a wonderful show and I'm so glad we got to see it! I'm thankful for a loving husband who was willing to go see it with me (thanks Love!!), and I'm very happy he liked it as well!

More Easter pics of Tysha on our other blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment